Citizens of the European Union or the European Economic Area

You are from a member state of the EU or from a country of the European Economic Area? If so, you are generally entitled to freedom of movement and can normally stay in Germany with your passport, work and also start vocational training. If you do not know your exact status, you should seek advice.